Reaction: dCTP + H2O = dCMP + diphosphate
Other name(s): DCTPP1 (gene name); deoxycytidine-triphosphatase; dCTPase; dCTP pyrophosphatase; deoxycytidine triphosphatase; deoxy-CTPase; dCTPase
Systematic name: dCTP nucleotidohydrolase
Comments: The mammalian enzyme also displays weak activity against dTTP and dATP, but none against dGTP. Activity is highest with analogs including 5-iodo-dCTP and 5-methyl-dCTP.
Links to other databases: BRENDA, EXPASY, KEGG, Metacyc, PDB, CAS registry number: 9024-87-7
1. Zimmerman, S.B. and Kornberg, A. Deoxycytidine di- and triphosphate cleavage by an enzyme formed in bacteriophage-infected Escherichia coli. J. Biol. Chem. 236 (1961) 1480-1486.
2. Moroz, O.V., Murzin, A.G., Makarova, K.S., Koonin, E.V., Wilson, K.S. and Galperin, M.Y. Dimeric dUTPases, HisE, and MazG belong to a new superfamily of all-α NTP pyrophosphohydrolases with potential "house-cleaning" functions. J. Mol. Biol. 347 (2005) 243-255. [PMID: 15740738]
3. Wu, B., Liu, Y., Zhao, Q., Liao, S., Zhang, J., Bartlam, M., Chen, W. and Rao, Z. Crystal structure of RS21-C6, involved in nucleoside triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolysis. J. Mol. Biol. 367 (2007) 1405-1412. [PMID: 17320107]
4. Nonaka, M., Tsuchimoto, D., Sakumi, K. and Nakabeppu, Y. Mouse RS21-C6 is a mammalian 2'-deoxycytidine 5'-triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase that prefers 5-iodocytosine. FEBS J. 276 (2009) 1654-1666. [PMID: 19220460]
5. Requena, C.E., Perez-Moreno, G., Ruiz-Perez, L.M., Vidal, A.E. and Gonzalez-Pacanowska, D. The NTP pyrophosphatase DCTPP1 contributes to the homoeostasis and cleansing of the dNTP pool in human cells. Biochem. J. 459 (2014) 171-180. [PMID: 24467396]