Reaction: nucleoside 2',3'-cyclic phosphate + H2O = nucleoside 3'-phosphate
Other name(s): ribonucleoside 2',3'-cyclic phosphate diesterase; 2',3 '-cyclic AMP phosphodiesterase; 2',3'-cyclic nucleotidase; cyclic 2',3'-nucleotide 2'-phosphodiesterase; cyclic 2',3'-nucleotide phosphodiesterase; 2',3'-cyclic nucleoside monophosphate phosphodiesterase; 2',3'-cyclic AMP 2'-phosphohydrolase; cyclic phosphodiesterase:3'-nucleotidase; 2',3'-cyclic nucleotide phosphohydrolase; 2':3'-cyclic phosphodiesterase; 2':3'-cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase:3'-nucleotidase
Systematic name: nucleoside-2',3'-cyclic-phosphate 3'-nucleotidohydrolase
Comments: Also hydrolyses 3′-nucleoside monophosphates and bis-4-nitrophenyl phosphate, but not 3′-deoxynucleotides. Similar reactions are carried out by EC 126.96.36.199 (ribonuclease T1) and EC 188.8.131.52 (pancreatic ribonuclease).
Links to other databases: BRENDA, EXPASY, KEGG, Metacyc, PDB, CAS registry number: 9037-18-7
1. Anraku, Y. A new cyclic phosphodiesterase having a 3'-nucleotidase activity from Escherichia coli B. I. Purification and some properties of the enzyme. J. Biol. Chem. 239 (1964) 3412-3419.
2. Anraku, Y. A new cyclic phosphodiesterase having a 3'-nucleotidase activity from Escherichia coli B. II. Further studies on substrate specificity and mode of action of the enzyme. J. Biol. Chem. 239 (1964) 3420-3424.
3. Center, M.S. and Behal, F.J. A cyclic phosphodiesterase with 3'-nucleotidase activity from Proteus mirabilis. J. Biol. Chem. 243 (1968) 138-143. [PMID: 4295113]
4. Olafson, R.W., Drummond, G.I. and Lee, J.F. Studies on 2',3'-cyclic nucleotide-3'-phosphohydrolase from brain. Can. J. Biochem. 47 (1969) 961-966. [PMID: 4310670]
5. Unemoto, T. and Hayashi, M. Chloride ion as a modifier of 2',3'-cyclic phosphodiesterase purified from halophilic Vibrio alginolyticus. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 171 (1969) 89-102. [PMID: 4303200]