Reaction: a 5,6,7,8-tetrahydropteridine + NAD(P)+ = a 6,7-dihydropteridine + NAD(P)H + H+
For diagram click here.
Other name(s): 6,7-dihydropteridine:NAD(P)H oxidoreductase; DHPR; NAD(P)H2:6,7-dihydropteridine oxidoreductase; NADH-dihydropteridine reductase; NADPH-dihydropteridine reductase; NADPH-specific dihydropteridine reductase; dihydropteridine (reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide) reductase; dihydropteridine reductase; dihydropteridine reductase (NADH); 5,6,7,8-tetrahydropteridine:NAD(P)H+ oxidoreductase
Systematic name: 5,6,7,8-tetrahydropteridine:NAD(P)+ oxidoreductase
Comments: The substrate is the quinonoid form of dihydropteridine. Not identical with EC 126.96.36.199 dihydrofolate reductase.
Links to other databases: BRENDA, EXPASY, KEGG, Metacyc, PDB, CAS registry number: 9074-11-7
1. Harano, T. New diaphorases from Bombyx silkworm eggs. NADH/NADPH cytochrome c reductase activity mediated with 6,7-dimethyltetrahydropterin. Insect Biochem. 2 (1972) 385-399.
2. Hasegawa, H. Dihydropteridine reductase from bovine liver. Purification, crystallization, and isolation of a binary complex with NADH. J. Biochem. (Tokyo) 81 (1977) 169-177. [PMID: 191436]
3. Kaufman, S. Phenylalanine hydroxylase. Methods Enzymol. 5 (1962) 809-816.
4. Lind, K.E. Dihydropteridine reductase. Investigation of the specificity for quinoid dihydropteridine and the inhibition by 2,4-diaminopteridines. Eur. J. Biochem. 25 (1972) 560-562. [PMID: 4402916]
5. Nakanishi, N., Hasegawa, H. and Watabe, S. A new enzyme, NADPH-dihydropteridine reductase in bovine liver. J. Biochem. (Tokyo) 81 (1977) 681-685. [PMID: 16875]