1. When can I collect my keys and move in?
2. How do I pay my residential fees?
3. If I pay all my residential fees in advance, am I entitled to a reduction?
4. If I move into Halls and don't like my room can I change it?
5. If I want to move out of Halls completely, can I leave without any obligation?
6. Is bed linen supplied?
7. Can I smoke in my room?
8. Does my room get cleaned?
9. Will my room have Internet connection?
10. Are there any parking facilities for residents on-campus?
11. Is there a curfew?
No. You are free to come and go as you please.
12. Can my guests stay with me in halls?
For 2020-21, we have introduced a new guest policy in light of COVID-19 - this advises that you are allowed a maximum of one guest between the hours of 11am and 11pm only and that we do not permit any guest to stay overnight in halls.
In addition, you must not allow your guest to enter or use any communal spaces in halls, such as kitchens and bathrooms, unless in an emergency. You must also ensure that any area used by your guest is cleaned and sanitised and that they are never left alone.
This policy will be regularly reviewed and updated to reflect guidance provided by The UK Government and Public Health England. Breaches of this policy may result in you being given Notice to Quit your room.
13. Is there a phone in my room?
14. Are pets allowed in Halls of Residence?
15. Can I stay in halls over the Christmas and Easter vacations?
16. Can I stay in halls over the summer vacation?
17. When will I get my deposit back?
You are required to pay a deposit as an integral part of the acceptance process to book your room in halls. The deposit is non-refundable, the payment is reserved and credited against your final instalment of residential fees (minus any deductions or charges). All or part of the deposit may be retained by QMUL as a contribution towards any loss or costs suffered by QMUL, as a result of a cancellation made outside of the licence cancellation period.
All loss/damage charges will be charged via your residential account and an invoice will be sent to inform you of this charge by email, where you will be required to pay this amount immediately. A list of standard charges can be found in the Residents' Handbook.
18. Can I re-apply for Halls next year?
19. Where can I get help to find accommodation outside College?
20. If I have a problem outside of Office hours what do I do?
Please contact residences reception, france house, which is staffed 24 hours a day - +44 (0)20 7882 6470.