Impact Acceleration Accounts
Queen Mary University of London holds two UKRI Impact Acceleration Accounts (IAAs). These IAAs support the excellent research impact that happens as a result of either STFC or EPSRC research funding.
IAAs are strategic awards provided to institutions and are one of the funding mechanisms that supporting knowledge exchange, innovation and impact from UK Research and Innovation.
One of the ways Queen Mary makes use of this funding is by awarding small and large grants to support impact-related work for its STFC and EPSRC funded researchers.
Our IAAs have the following objectives:
- strengthening user engagement
- strengthening the exchange of knowledge through culture change and capability development, including through the development of skills for KE activity
- supporting knowledge exchange and commercialisation at early stages of progressing research outputs and outcomes to the point when they would be supported by other funding
- supporting new, innovative and imaginative approaches to KE and Impact, including processes that enable “fast failure” and appropriate learning
- supporting activities that enable impact to be achieved in an effective and timely manner, including secondments and people exchange
Current internal calls
Queen Mary Impact Fund
Internal Funding for Impact Generation, Collaboration and Commercialisation
Proposals up to £10,000 for small projects and up to £50,000 for large projects
This call is currently closed. More information on its reopening later this academic year
The Queen Mary Impact Fund programme is our new, harmonised approach to allocating Queen Mary internal impact funds. Queen Mary Impact Fund offers financial support for Queen Mary researchers carrying out impact-enabling projects with a focus on generating or accelerating commercial and non-commercial impact from their research, facilitating knowledge exchange and funding new, innovative and imaginative approaches to achieving and enabling knowledge exchange and impact.
Eleven projects of £10k-£50k across all the categories were funded through the Queen Mary Impact Fund January 2021 call. Directly incurred costs of projects are supported, other/indirect costs are covered by Schools.
Eligibility: Queen Mary researchers, PDRAs, final-year PhD students (please note final-year PhD students need to have a supervisor's approval and submit their thesis before starting work on Impact Fund projects).
If you wish to discuss your application prior to submission, please email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidance and Expression of Interest form