Courses from other QMUL providers
In addition to the Researcher Development team, other teams within the Queen Mary Academy or the wider university run workshops and training courses, or have resources that you may find useful:
- The Education & Recognition team within the Queen Mary Academy offers in education and academic practice (CILT and PGCAP) which lead to level 7 qualifications and fellowship of the HEA. The team also offers support for those completely new to HE teaching through a GTA/TA training scheme.
- QM Careers have dedicated specialists to advise doctoral and postdoctoral researchers and run workshops and events particularly for early career researchers.
- The Library website has pages of information for researchers, including some about referencing and avoiding plagiarism. Most of the workshops offered by the Library are available to book through the CPD booking system.
- The Language Centre runs various courses on English language and study skills.
- The Doctoral College run events throughout the year that give doctoral students an introduction to the research community at Queen Mary as well as an opportunity to develop new skills and meet and collaborate with other researchers.
- The Research Impact team hold regular workshops to support impact at QMUL. They also offer bespoke training for Schools/Institutes, Faculties, and Centres.
- The Centre for Public Engagement runs a range of internal training sessions to help prepare and support you to engage effectively with the public.
- The PR team run several courses around media engagement. You can find a list of their upcoming courses on the CPD booking system.
- Organisational and Professional Development, part of the HR team, runs a series of professional development training courses.
- The Joint Research Management Office supports the administration and reporting related to research funding for both QMUL and Barts Health. They also run a series of courses related to clinical research governance.
- The Research Design Service supports the planning and application process for health and biomedical research for several London HEIs. This service sometimes runs local workshops and consultation surgeries.
- The Health and Safety Directorate supports occupational health and safety training, including several courses on laboratory and research safety issues.