- RC007* - QM Careers: How do I decide what I want to do?
In this course you will put together an action plan of how to move your career research forwards over the next six months.
- RC014* - QM Careers: Strategic Job Hunting (UK and abroad)
In this course you will cover a multipronged approach to help you search for positions abroad.
- RC018* - QM Careers: Interview Skills for the labour market
This interactive workshop will give you an overview of the skills and experiences that academics and non-academic recruiters are looking for.
- RD-RC-005* - QM Careers: CVs and applications for academic jobs
This workshop will highlight what academic recruiters are looking for in a good CV and cover letter
- RD-RC-010* - QM Careers: I feel like a fraud, tackling imposter syndrome
By the end of the workshop you will understand the concept of Impostor Syndrome and have learnt about a range of strategies to help you deal Impostor Syndrome
- RC028* - QM Careers: Networking for Introverts
This workshop will explore another way to look at networking, highlighting the reciprocal nature of exchanging knowledge and opportunities
- RD-RC-007* - QM Careers: LinkedIn secrets for researchers - review your profile and generate job options
A practical workshop for PhDs and ECRs who would like to enhance their job hunting and networking skills through LinkedIn.
- RD-RC-009a* - QM Careers: Career options for roles beyond academia (STEM)
This workshop will look at career opportunities for STEM researchers beyond academia.
- RD-RC-009b* - QM Careers: Career options for roles beyond academia (HSS)
This workshop will look at career opportunities for HSS researchers beyond academia.
- RS-QMA-002* - Research Funding Applications 2: Costings, and writing about Impact and Career Development in your applications
This workshop covers writing about and costing your career development plans in research funding applications.
- PHD-QMA-302 - So you want to do a postdoc?
In this workshop we will discuss the different types of postdoctoral positions, and how to find, fund, and make yourself more competitive when applying for these posts.
- RS-QMA-003 - Research Independence - moving on from your postdoc toward fellow and lecturer positions
This workshop will help postdocs assess their current position with regards to intellectual independence and their research networks and plan their academic development trajectory.
- RD-QMA-301* - Planning for an academic career (For PhDs and Postdocs)
This blended workshop will require the participants prepare by viewing a series of videos online before our face to face session. The follow-up workshop will include a series of discussion and interactive elements that will cover what it takes to thrive as an academic researcher, and how to enhance your chances of academic career success.
*These workshops are delivered by or in collaboration with the QM Careers Team