Queen Mary Academy Fellows
The Queen Mary Academy invites applications for new Academy Fellows. Fellowships are flexible part-time fixed-term secondments for staff looking to share their academic practice and expertise throughout the University.
As a Queen Mary Academy Fellow:
- You will benefit from wider influence across your Faculty and throughout the University
- You will be able to evidence your impact across Queen Mary, helping you to build a case for promotion and for sector-wide recognition through HEA Fellowship and national Teaching Excellence Awards (eg CATE and NTFS)
- You will become part of a supportive community of Fellows, contributing and learning from others in turn
The scheme benefits both Schools and the University as it:
- Adds to the skills and knowledge base, enhancing academic practice both within the School and across the University
- Builds a pipeline of talent for leadership roles
- Raises the School’s profile for educational excellence
- Builds purposeful and collaborative relationships with Schools, Institutes, Professional Services, and Senior Management
We are seeking expressions of interest for Fellows to share their knowledge and expertise in the following areas:
1. Developing Research Skills in Data Science
Leading the design of a new Data Science Programme for research students, including the creation of new provision in statistics and data visualisation and establishing a new community of practice for those working in this area.
2. Curriculum enhancement
This could include contributions in the following key areas:
- Inclusive Curriculum
- Assessment & Feedback
- Graduate Attributes (including citizenship/public engagement in the curriculum)
3. Delivering a mix of online and on-campus education
Including learning design and the use of a range of innovative educational technologies eg mixed reality, virtual labs, learning analytics and digitally enhanced assessment and feedback.
The scope is not limited to these examples, as the scheme is still in development, and we are open to suggestions and ideas. If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us at email@example.com.