Innovation and Learning
In support of our 2030 Strategy, Queen Mary is working to develop a new flexible, Mixed-Mode Education (MME) approach. This novel and ambitious approach will incorporate futurised learning at scale and deliver a mix of online and on-campus education.
The Innovation and Learning team supports the delivery of the strategy, ensuring that colleagues are equipped to deliver sector-leading mixed-mode teaching and learning. The team also support schools, institutes, workstreams and individuals with transformational thinking around pedagogy, the use of innovative mediums, such as Learner Engagement Analytics (LEA), and the championing of everyone involved in education to be seen and celebrated as innovators. This includes:
- working directly with the Queen Mary Academy Fellows
- supporting colleagues working on Westfield funded research projects
- providing opportunities to receive funding for education projects
- arranging the formation of communities of practice
- facilitating whole university events for the sharing of practice, including the monthly Innovation and Learning Exchange and annual Festival of Education