Innovation and Learning Exchange
These regular events provide an opportunity for discussion and reflection on all aspects of educational practice.
About the event
Sessions are designed to enable colleagues from Schools and Institutes to share their best practice with each other, encouraging discussion and exchange of ideas across disciplines.
This series of hour-long events runs both in person and online. Sessions include two short presentations (including Q&A) from speakers across Queen Mary.
Wednesday 27th April 2022
This session will be exploring virtual reality and immersive education. The Innovation and Learning Exchange will then be followed by a session with the Technology Enhanced Team, which will include a demonstration of, and an opportunity to 'have a go' with the Microsoft HoloLens mixed-reality technology, that has recently been used at the University.
Missed this session? Watch the April recording
Tuesday 8th March 2022 (as part of the Festival of Education)
- Embedding climate analysis into the Mathematic undergraduate curriculum, presented by Chris Sutton
- How adopting publicly accessible podcasting has led to an improvement in communication and the dissemination of knowledge, presented by Graham Easton
- You can see Graham Easton's slides Power of the Podcast slides [PDF 1,332KB] and listen to the podcast clip here.
Missed this session? A recording of this session will be published here soon.
Friday 4th February 2022
- Integrating scholarship, creativity and teamworking for students: The Human Factors Lexicon Task, presented by Danë Goodsman
- CompLit At Work: collaboration, design, and the making of an interactive visualisation tool for holistic career planning (https://complitatwork.qmul.ac.uk/), presented by Kasia Mika
Missed this session? Watch the February recording
Friday 5th November 2021
- Peer-Led Team Learning (PLTL), presented by Lesley Howell
- Understanding Student Engagement in the School of Politics and International Relations, presented by James Strong
Missed this session? Watch the November recording