Key Dates and Deadlines
You can apply online for all our taught Postgraduate programmes. This page outlines the key dates and deadlines for both Home / European and International students applying to Queen Mary University of London.
Dates and deadlines of the application process are published below. Applicants should note that these dates and deadlines apply to courses delivered on site at Queen Mary University of London. The dates and deadlines for our Distance Learning courses may vary. Please contact the Postgraduate Admissions team for further information.
You are encouraged to apply as early as possible to allow sufficient time for your application to be considered. In the event that a course becomes full, we will no longer be able to consider applications. We will update the relevant course pages on our Taught Programme Finder as soon as possible in such instances.
In addition to the deadlines specified below, some programmes have specific application deadlines - please check the relevant course pages on our Taught Programme Finder to check if there is an earlier deadline for the programme/s of interest to you. If no deadline is specified then the below deadlines will apply.
Any applicant, who is not a European Economic Area national or national of Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Switzerland or the United States, applying for a Taught Postgraduate course, may require an Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) security certificate.
If you require an ATAS security certificate, you will need to obtain your ATAS certificate, before requesting a CAS. Queen Mary University of London will not issue a CAS until your ATAS certificate has been obtained. Applicants should note, during busy periods, it can take up to six weeks to receive your ATAS security certificate.
September 2021 Entry
- Monday 5 October 2020 - Applications for taught postgraduate applications for entry in September 2021 open
- Monday 21 December - Friday 1 January 2021 - University Christmas closure. Online applications may be submitted during this period. We will endeavour to respond to applicant enquiries and process newly submitted applications as soon as possible upon reopening in January.
- March 2021 - Applications for accommodation open.
- Wednesday 30 June 2021 - Deadline for accommodation applications
- Monday 19 July 2021 - ATAS deadline. Advised deadline for postgraduate overseas students who will require an ATAS certificate.
- Applications deadlines. Please note some programmes have earlier application deadlines. Please check the relevant course page for information.
- Friday 3 September 2021 - Deadline for postgraduate overseas applications
- Friday 10 September 2021 - Deadline for postgraduate distance learning applications and postgraduate Home applications
- Friday 17 September 2021 - Latest CAS issuing deadline
- Monday 20 September 2021 - Welcome Week begins
- Monday 27 September 2021 - Teaching begins
- Friday 8 October 2021 - Latest enrolment deadline. Any students joining Queen Mary University must have enrolled by this date. The confirmed latest date of enrolment will be published by January 2021.
- Friday 8 October 2021 - Deferral deadline. If you would like to defer your place to January 2022 or September 2022, please inform the Postgraduate Admissions team by this deadline.