We understand that it may not always be possible to attend an open day or evening in London. You can also join one of our virtual open days to find out more about Queen Mary through live online chats with our staff and academics, videos, webcasts and virtual tours.
How they work
- You can access our postgraduate open day platform all year round by registering here.
- Once you have registered, you will be sent a login email containing your username and password. Enter the platform using these details to create your personal profile and explore the different stands, just as you would at a physical fair.
- On the day of the event, login here and press the 'Chat' button in any stand to start talking to us.
University virtual open days
We hold a number of virtual events for all subject areas throughout the year. You can hear from our staff about accommodation, admissions for Home/EU and International students, as well as university life and funding your postgraduate study.
Postgraduate Virtual Open Day
If you would like to enhance your career options, explore your academic interests in depth or contribute to an area of cutting-edge research, a postgraduate degree from Queen Mary could help you achieve your ambitions.
Join us for our next Postgraduate Virtual Open Day to talk with us about life as a postgraduate at Queen Mary, have your questions answered and engage with future classmates. Specific topics covered will be:
- Applying for a Masters or PhD
- Careers for postgraduates
- Applying from overseas
- Fees and funding for postgraduates including information on the government's new Postgraduate Loan Scheme
- Course content, teaching and other academic queries answered by Academic School staff.
You can dip in and out of any of these live sessions until you have all the information you need to make your decision.
Future virtual open days
For 2018 entry, we will be hosting the following Postgraduate Virtual Open Days. All academic Schools and some student support services such as Careers and Enterprise, Advice and Counselling, Residences and Admissions will also be online to answer your queries:
Wednesday 18 July 2018
12:00-15:00 GMT (check your timezone here)
Exact date and time to be confirmed
Schools' virtual open days
Our academic schools also hold their own virtual events. These are hosted by academics and administrative staff and give you the chance to get a sense of what it is like to study your chosen subject at Queen Mary.
Please note that all times shown are in local UK time.
Meet us overseas
The International Office team regularly travel overseas to meet with students interested in studying with us and to answer any questions about your application. We are always pleased to meet prospective students and we very much hope you will be able to join us at one of these events.