Pre-sessional IT Support
To help students prepare for their blended learning experience this year, SPIR is offering IT support sessions before the start of the academic year.
These are crucial opportunities to test-run your hardware and software on the key platforms SPIR will use for online teaching: Blackboard Collaborate and Microsoft Teams. These sessions will help you to identify and resolve any problems well before teaching starts, minimising disruption to your education.
All students are urged to participate in one of the sessions below.
What you need to do:
- Download, read and follow the advice in the SPIR Student Guide to Blended Learning, particularly the section that explains the hardware and software you should prepare and use. In particular, you should download and install Google Chrome and Microsoft Teams.
- Click the links in the schedule below to test-run the two platforms.
- Follow the guidance displayed inside the sessions to try out your hardware.
- If you experience any problems:
- Trouble-shoot using the self-help guides for Blackboard Collaborate and Microsoft Teams.
- If you cannot resolve the problem yourself after consulting these guides, you can ask the SPIR helpers inside the session, and they will try to assist.
- If they are unable to solve the problem, you will be referred to the IT Services 24/7 Live Chat service.
Drop in times:
- Monday 7 September, 10am-12pm
- Tuesday 8 September, 1pm-3pm
- Wednesday 9 September, 10am-12pm
- Thursday 10 Sept, 1pm-3pm
Links to join the drop-in sessions