School of Politics and International Relations

Fees and Finance

The current tuition fees for all students are listed on the Fees and Funding webpage of the College's main site. However, you will not be required to pay fees to Queen Mary during the period of your degree. You can, instead, take out a Student Loan for Fee, which does not have to be paid until after you graduate and when your earnings reach a certain threshold.

Students who are UK residents should apply as early as possible to their Local Education Authority (LEA), who will determine eligibility for:

  • Student Loan for tuition fees
  • Student Loan for maintenance costs
  • Maintenance grant

If you are a non-UK resident of the European Union you can apply to the Department for Education and Skills (DfES) for a loan to cover your tuition fees. UK Government support is not available to undergraduate students from outside the EU.

For more information on financial support, please click here.