Research Topic: Church-State Relations in Mexico: 2000-2016
Supervisor: Prof. James Dunkerley
Research Interests: Religion and Politics in Latin America, Democratization, Mexican Politics, Human Rights, Corruption.
- Master of Public Policy (MPP), Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt, Erfurt, Germany
- Haniel Fall School on Contemporary Governance in Russia and the European Union, Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia
- Summer School on European Union and Public International Law, Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE), Madrid, Spain
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Universidad de las Américas Puebla, Puebla, Mexico
Apart from having the opportunity to teach at Queen Mary, María Isabel has gained work experience at the following firms, governmental agencies and international organizations:
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Corruption and Economic Crime Branch, Vienna, Austria
- United Nations Office to Support the International Decade for Action “Water for life” 2005 -2015 (UNO-IDfA), Zaragoza, Spain.
- GFC Consulting Ltd, Government Analysis and Political Intelligence Area, Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- Superior Court of the State of Puebla, 6th Family Court, Puebla, Mexico