Your welcome pack
All new Queen Mary students will receive an exclusive tote bag welcome pack, which includes:
- A set of reusable bamboo cutlery
- Mixed herb seed sticks
- Two washable face coverings
- Tote bag made of fully recycled cotton
- Lots of useful information to help you find your way around campus and settle in to university life
You can pick up yours at the information point in the Octagon.
Your welcome pack includes a set of seed sticks - special cardboard sticks filled with seeds that, when planted and nurtured, will grow a mixture of herbs to use in cooking.
Here's how to grow your mixed herb seed sticks:
- Put some compost into a pots.
- Gently firm the compost by pressing it down with your fingers.
- Push one of the sticks into the compost.
- Place the pot onto a plate or small saucer.
- Water daily and keep it somewhere warm and bright (for example, on a window sill).
- Check it regularly. Germination takes on average 2-3 weeks.