Your welcome pack
All new Queen Mary students will receive an exclusive tote bag welcome pack, which includes:
- A set of reusable bamboo cutlery
- Mixed herb seed sticks
- Two washable face coverings
- Tote bag made of fully recycled cotton
- Lots of useful information to help you find your way around campus and settle in to university life
You can pick up yours at one of the information points on campus.
Your welcome pack includes a set of seed sticks - special cardboard sticks filled with seeds that, when planted and nurtured, will grow a mixture of herbs to use in cooking.
Queen Mary's Grounds and Gardens Supervisor Dimitrisz Sopisz can provide pots and soil for you to get growing, while introducing you to our beautiful allotments and sensory garden on Mile End campus. Find Dimi at the Green Mary allotments (behind the Village Shop, building 52 on the campus map) between 1pm and 2pm on Wednesday 29th and Thursday 30th September.
Here's how to grow your mixed herb seed sticks:
- Put compost into the pots.
- Gently firm the compost by pressing it down with your fingers.
- Push one of the sticks into the compost.
- Place the pot onto a plate or small saucer.
- Water daily and keep it somewhere warm and bright (for example, on a window sill).
- Check it regularly. Germination takes on average 2-3 weeks.