Vaibhav is a postdoctoral researcher in the School of Mathematical Sciences. His research interests lie in analysis of partial differential equations and control theory. In particular, he is interested in hyperbolic PDEs and the associated control problems. Currently, he is working on obtaining control results for non-linear wave equations in general (Lorentzian) geometric settings.
Vaibhav obtained his Ph.D. from QMUL, where he was supervised by Dr Arick Shao. Before that, Vaibhav completed his bachelor's and master's degree in Mathematics from IISER Kolkata, India in 2017.
Vaibhav has been a teaching assistant at QMUL for the following modules:
- Spring 2018: Geometry I
- Fall 2018: Linear Algebra II
- Spring 2019: Calculus II
- Fall 2019: Linear Algebra I and Calculus I
- Spring 2020: Calculus II
- Fall 2020: Linear Algebra I
- Spring 2021: Calculus II and Vectors & Matrices
During his time at IISER Kolkata, Vaibhav was a TA for the module Analysis I, in the fall 2016 semester.
Analysis of linear and nonlinear PDEs, control theory. Hyperbolic PDEs and wave equations, and the associated control problems in general geometric settings.
- V. K. Jena, Carleman estimate for ultrahyperbolic operators and improved interior control for wave equations, Journal of Differential Equations 302, (2021), 273-333. (Journal | arXiv)
- V. K. Jena and A. Shao, Control of waves on Lorentzian manifolds with curvature bounds, 2021. (arXiv)
- V. K. Jena, Interior control of waves on time dependent domains, 2022. (arXiv)