Tuesday 23 January 2018
The Centre for Genomic Health (CGH) is offering 4 small grants, each worth £5,000, to support the research of PhD students in labs affiliated with the Centre. These grants are designed to support projects close to the manuscript writing stage or strengthening a clinical fellowship application. The funds should be used to help finish off the final few necessary experiments.
1. Must be written by PhD students (basic or clinical) in their 2nd, 3rd or final year, or clinical fellows working towards writing a fellowship application.
2. The project must be in the field of genomics (does not have to be restricted to human work).
3. PhD students that submit an application for these small grants must be first or joint-first author on the resulting manuscript.
4. Manuscripts based on work that is supported by these small grants should list the CGH as an official affiliation (in addition to the lab’s primary affiliation).
5. The application should be a maximum of one A4 page only. In this single page, please explain the project, a justification for the proposed experiment(s), timelines for manuscript/fellowship submission.
6. Deadline is Monday 26 February (decisions will be announced by Monday March 12).
7. Successful applicants from 2017 cannot apply in 2018.
8. Submissions should be sent to Naheedah Choudhury