SCONUL Access Scheme for Queen Mary Academic Staff and Researchers
QM academic, support staff and postgraduate research students studying for a PhD, MPhil or similar degrees can register for the SCONUL access scheme. This scheme allows students and staff studying and researching within Higher Education in the UK access to over 170 academic institution libraries as a registered external borrower. The use of other libraries will depend on your level of study and the access arrangements of the libraries.
To join the SCONUL access scheme:
- Go to http://www.sconul.ac.uk/sconul-access
- Select your level of study (Step 1) and Queen Mary University of London (Step 2)
- Press Find
- Select a library you are interested to visit. Receiving access to one library automatically gives you access to all libraries in the scheme.
Your application will be evaluated within 7 days. Please note that we will not be able to approve your application if there are any outstanding fines or overdue items on your account.
Once your application has been accepted you will receive a confirmation email. Take a copy of this email with your Queen Mary ID along to the library you wish to visit. Please check the institution's website for any other information they may require such as a photograph or other ID.
Membership of the SCONUL access scheme is valid until the expiry date of your ID card. If your card does not have an expiry date, membership will be for 3 years renewable on request.
SCONUL Access Post-Pandemic Reopening Information
The SCONUL Access scheme reopens on 15 November 2021. Please note the following:
- If your SCONUL Access has expired you will need to reapply for access
- A high volume of applications is being processed. Please plan ahead and allow time for your application
- Some institutions that previously participated in the scheme are not participating at this time. Check the SCONUL Access webpage before you visit
- Due to potential changes related to pandemic restrictions, please check the status of the institution you wish to visit on the SCONUL Access webpage on the day of your visit
For more information see the SCONUL Access FAQs.