SCONUL Access Scheme re-opens
Queen Mary Library Services is delighted to announce that the SCONUL Access Scheme has re-opened for some libraries from 15th November; SCONUL is the Society of College, National and University Libraries.
Queen Mary is one of the participating institutions in SCONUL Band A, allowing reciprocal access to member libraries for staff and research students. SCONUL libraries who have indicated that they are able to re-open from 15th November, are listed on the SCONUL Access Scheme website https://www.sconul.ac.uk/sconul-access.
SCONUL have provided the information below to assist you with the re-opening of the scheme:
You must reapply for library access if your approval has expired
- Do not visit an institution until your new application has been approved.
- All information about applying for the Access Scheme is available on the SCONUL website.
- Your own institution’s library is the body responsible for considering and processing your application. Please be patient and allow them time to deal with your application.
- Please check the SCONUL website in detail for information about the Scheme:
- before you contact your library
- before you contact a library you wish to visit or before contacting SCONUL.
- Please remember access granted under the Scheme is a privilege and not a right.
Allow time for your application to be processed
- An extremely high volume of applications is being processed.
- How long your application takes depends on how many applications your institution receives.
- In some cases you may need to wait up to 4 weeks.
- Do not pressure library staff at your home institution - it will not speed up your application!
- Do not call the library you wish to visit or the SCONUL office about your application - it will not speed up the process!
Check on the day you would like to visit whether the institution you would like to visit is participating
- This allows for any sudden changes to pandemic-related restrictions.
- Check online at https://www.sconul.ac.uk/sconul-access.
Prior access does not mean current access
- Some institutions that previously participated in the scheme are not participating at this time.
- You are not guaranteed access to an institution because you previously used it.
- Check before you visit! https://www.sconul.ac.uk/sconul-access.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or problems you may have in navigating the re-opening.
For media information, contact:Press Office