The name of the college has changed over the years as the institution has expanded and merged with others, and these changes have been documented in the ‘coats of arms’. Examples of collectables displaying the ‘coats of arms’ include badges, cufflinks and ties.
The Queen Mary College coat of arms was designed in 1920. It had three imperial crowns upon clouds with sun beams, an open book with the Latin translation of the motto of the Drapers' Company, Soli del honor et gloria meaning ‘to God alone be honor and glory’, and two five-pointed stars.
The coats of arms changed in 1989, to incorporate the coat of arms of Westfield College, following the merger of the two institutions.
In 2013 the College became legally known as Queen Mary University of London, and gained degree awarding powers.
Gallery: Curiosities in the Archives