Get one-to-one advice on academic skills
Queen Mary students can book a One-to-One tutorial for advice from an Academic Skills tutor including:
- Academic writing
- Note-making and lecture skills
- Presentation skills
- Exam and revision skills
- Time management
One-to-one tutorials can be booked in 1 hour or 20 minute slots.
To book a tutorial please email email@example.com with:
- details of what you would like help with
- a range of dates and times that you are available
- whether you want a 1 hour slot or 20 minutes.
The tutor will reply with details of when the tutorial will take place.
Appointments are currently carried out on Microsoft Teams or by phone.
Before booking for the first time, please view the Learning Agreement.
If you have any questions, please see our FAQs or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If it hadn't been for the help and support I received in the tutorials, I do not believe I would have been able to achieve a first.— Third year Politics Undergraduate
Information about booking
- As availability is limited, students can only book one tutorial at a time.
- Please give as much information as possible about what you’d like to talk about when you email as this information helps us to prepare.
- If your tutorial is about writing, it can be helpful to send your work in for us to look at in advance. Please send any work, information about your assignment and/or tutor feedback to email@example.com.
- We are not a proof-reading service but we can offer advice on your writing and help you to improve your own proof-reading abilities.
If you have any questions about the tutorial service, please read our FAQs.
If you're still unsure, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.