Get one-to-one advice on academic skills
Queen Mary students can book a One-to-One tutorial for advice from an Academic Skills tutor including:
- Academic writing
- Note-making and lecture skills
- Presentation skills
- Exam and revision skills
- Time management
- Maths and Statistics
All one-to-one tutorials are 45 minutes long except for maths and statistics tutorials, which are 30 minutes.
To book an Academic Skills one-to-one tutorial, please use our online Tutorials Booking calendar and select a time and date that works well for you. You will need to be logged into your Queen Mary email account to use the calendar. Appointments are currently carried out on Microsoft Teams.
Before booking for the first time, please view the Learning Agreement.
If we are fully booked, consider booking a tutorial with our RLF Fellows to look at writing or accessing support through Smarthinking online tutoring.
If you have any questions, please see our FAQs or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If it hadn't been for the help and support I received in the tutorials, I do not believe I would have been able to achieve a first.— Third year Politics Undergraduate
Information about booking
- As availability is limited, students can only book one tutorial at a time.
- Please give as much information as possible about what you’d like to talk about when you email as this information helps us to prepare.
- If your tutorial is about writing, it can be helpful to send your work in for us to look at in advance. Please send any work, information about your assignment and/or tutor feedback to email@example.com.
- We are not a proof-reading service but we can offer advice on your writing and help you to improve your own proof-reading abilities.
If you have any questions about the tutorial service, please read our FAQs.
If you're still unsure, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
One-to-One Tutorials | Drop-ins | RLF tutorials | About the RLF | Learning Agreement | FAQs | Workshops | Resources | Peer Learning | Dissertation Support for Master's Students | Contact