One-to-one guidance from an Academic Skills tutor without the need to book
What is a Drop-in?
Drop-ins are one-to-one consultations with an Academic Skills tutor; like a tutorial except you don't have to book in advance. Because they're shorter (limited to 20 minutes), they're best suited to aspects of academic skills that you have specific questions about.
These could include:
- advice on referencing
- talking about essay introductions or conclusions
- discussing essay plans
- advice on time management
- talking about exams and revision
- You must log-in to Teams using your Queen Mary account to access the Drop-in.
- If we are seeing another student when you arrive, you will be asked to wait in the 'waiting room' until it is your turn to be seen.
If you have any questions about the Drop-in service, please get in contact.