Professor Joy Svasti Salee, Member of the UK Institute of Taxation. Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
Visiting Professorial Fellow
Joy Svasti-Salee is an international tax law specialist, now retired from practice, with extensive experience advising UK and US-parented multinational groups on their international tax affairs.
Joy has always been interested in teaching and has been a visiting professorial fellow at CCLS since 2005.
Joy's main interest lies in how policy and practice in tax have developed and what that might mean for the future of international tax law.
She has a keen interest in the current G20/OECD’s Base Erosion and Profit Shifting Project and the future direction of Tax Treaties, Taxing the Digital Economy, and Transfer Pricing.
- Significant international tax changes in 2017? ADIT Voice - April 2017.
- International Corporate Tax Law … Enters a Period of Unprecented Change. Tax Planning International Bloomberg BNA - September 2016.
- Around the world in 13 reports. Tax Advisor – March 2016.
- Conflicts in the Attribution of Income to a Person. IFA Cahiers do Doit Fiscal International 2007. Joint report with Craig McAree.
Supervision of some Tax LLM dissertations.
- President of the IFA 2019 Congress in London
- Member, International Fiscal Association UK Branch Committee
- Member (ex Chair), International Taxes Sub-committee/Technical Committee - Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Member of the School of Tax Law at the Centre for Commercial Law Studies