Ms Karen Karen Squibb-Williams, MA(Oxon), Barrister
Visiting Industry Professor Barrister
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: 07899928822
Karen is a senior practising barrister with an extensive, and probably unique, high level experience of the use of forensic science within the UK criminal justice systems, spanning the last 16 years.
She was the National Strategic Policy Adviser to the UK government for Prosecution policy in her specialist areas from 2001 – 2013.
She then established her own chambers, providing independent legal services in the use of forensic sciences, technology, expert witnesses, domestic/ gender abuse, commercialisation, procurement processes, regulation and quality assurance mechanisms within the UK and International criminal justice contexts, including:
- Legal advice
- Legal representation
- International Strategy & Policy guidance
- Government infrastructure & Regulatory compliance mechanisms
- Judicial training
- Individual & organisational training
- Conference / plenary / workshop speaker
- Strategic Communications & Media support
In 2015 Karen added International Consultancy in Fragile States to her range of services; specialising in Judicial Governance systems and Empowerment processes.
She is also conducting a funded, independent PhD research programme, exploring the attrition rate of criminal investigations in England & Wales, using forensic science evidence during the investigative stage of a crime, but never reaching the courtroom.
Specialist advise, training and lecturing to:
- UK Defence Academy, Cranfield
- National Procurement Service (Wales)
- Foremsic Pathology Dellivery Board, Home Office, Harperley Hall, College of Policing.