Why study in Singapore
East meets West: one programme, two cities, two degrees from Queen Mary University of London and Singapore Management University
The Centre for Commercial Law Studies at Queen Mary University of London and Singapore Managemet University (SMU) are committed to providing you with a diverse and formidable international experience by coming together in partnership to deliver the Dual LLM in Commercial Law (Singapore and London).
This exciting new international partnership between the two distinguished universities offers global learning opportunities for law students who will experience different cultures, business environments and legal jurisdictions in London and Singapore. Students will be taught by academics and practitioners from the respective university to ensure that they truly receive an international prospective to commercial law from both regions.
The first 6 months of the Dual LLM in Commercial Law (Singapore and London) is taught in Singapore by Singapore Management University.
Singapore is a diverse, beautiful and vibrant place to live. It is also renowned for the quality of its higher education and was ranked as the 3rd best city in the world to study behind London, which came in 2nd (QS 2014 rankings). Because of Singapore’s reputation for education, employers increasingly seek out its graduates - both in Asia and across the globe.
Asia brings with it tremendous economic growth. It also poses the challenges of sustainability in an increasingly complex business environment that demands new knowledge, skills and expertise. It's about competing for the future, about new ideas, innovation and relevance. It demands a new generation of leaders, entrepreneurs and professionals. Singapore is fast establishing itself as the regional legal hub in South East Asia, which makes Singapore an ideal and dynamic location to develop your knowledge and experience.
Singapore Management University (SMU):
- is positioned as premier university in Asia, internationally recognised for its world-class research and distinguished teaching
- has an emphasis on generating rigorous, high-impact, and relevant multi-disciplinary research that addresses Asian issues of global relevance
- has a state-of-the art city campus located in the heart of downtown Singapore, fostering strategic links with business, government and the wider community.
Ince & Co LLP is a leading City law firm specialising in shipping, trade, insurance, energy and aviation law, with offices around the world, and in particular, a real focus on Asia. In this context, it is a priority for our Recruitment Team to ensure that those joining us have a synergy with our global practice, and it is often an advantage if they are able to relate to another jurisdiction.— Peter Rogan, Consultant, Ince & Co LLP
SMU University Profile
- Established in January 2000
- First publicly-funded autonomous university in Singapore
- City campus located in the Bras Basah civic district
- Shared values of Commitment, Integrity, Responsibility, Collegiality, Leadership and Excellence.
- 2,477 full-time and part-time postgraduates*
*As of 14 September 2020
- 39 per cent international faculty [non-Singapore citizens]*
- 26 different nationalities* *as of 13 October 2020
International Student Profile
- 58 per cent international postgraduate students [non-Singapore citizens] from 50 countries
*As of 16 October 2020
- Over 22,800 undergraduate and postgraduate alumni
- 92.3 per cent employment rate within six months*
*Joint Graduate Employment Survey 2019.
Visit the Singapore Management University website.