LLM in Paris Scholarships
- Course: LLM programmes delivered in Paris
- The Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS) and McDermott Will & Emery (MWE), in partnership with the Association Française des Juristes d’Entreprise (AFJE), are pleased to offer one full scholarship, for Home/EU applicants, for the September 2018 intake of the Paris LLM Programme
- LLM Paris applicants are also eligible to apply for the 10 x £10,000 LLM scholarships, for September 2019 or January 2020 entry. Details here: law funding page
- Available for Full Time study only
Which LLM programmes are eligible?
1 full tuition fee scholarship for September 2019 intake is available for the following LLM in Paris programmes:
- LLM Banking and Finance Law
- LLM Comparative and International Dispute Resolution
- LLM Energy and Natural Resources Law
- LLM Intellectual Property Law
- LLM International Business Law
- LLM Technology, Media and Telecommunications Law
(This LLM scholarship is not applicable to the LLM in Law and Economics programme, the LLM in International Shipping Law (Piraeus Programme), the LLM Commercial Law (Singapore/London), the Sorbonne-QMUL Double LLM, or any of the LLM programmes in London. Visit the law funding page for other LLM funding options.)
What does the scholarship cover? How is it paid?
The CCLS-MWE-AFJE LLM in Paris scholarship covers the full cost of tuition only, in the form of a fee waiver; the scholarship does not cover additional course costs (books etc.) or accommodation fees. Scholarships are not payable directly to successful applicants but are off-set against your student fee invoice. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit, the submitted personal statement as detailed in the application, and in some cases, financial need and professional or extracurricular achievements.
Closing Dates and Important Notes
Apply early for the LLM
You must have an offer of study for the LLM in Paris before you apply for a scholarship.
We therefore encourage you to apply for the LLM in Paris as early as possible. It is possible to apply if you have not yet taken your English language test or do not have your final academic grades.
The deadlines for submission of the scholarship application is:
- Monday 10th June 2019 by 16.00 hrs (UK time) for September 2019 intake
Students must have an offer of study (either conditional or unconditional) for the LLM before applying for funding.
Please note that scholarships cannot be deferred.
What are scholarship winners required to do?
If you are awarded the CCLS-MWE-AFJE LLM in Paris scholarship you may be asked to assist the Law Marketing Team with marketing activities such as the postgraduate law open evenings and student profiles and videos.
Please note School scholarships are also subject to university-wide Terms and Conditions as well as any course/School/Faculty conditions or criteria outline.
How to apply for the LLM in Paris Scholarship
You must have a full time offer of study in place before you can apply for LLM funding.
In order to apply for a scholarship please complete and sign the relevant application form, and attach the following:
- A copy of your CV
- A full transcript of your grades: Undergraduate/Bachelors level/first degree level and Postgraduate/Masters (if applicable)
The form and required supporting documentation can be returned by post or scanned and sent by email (preferred) – details are included on the application form.
Incomplete, incorrect or late scholarship applications will not be accepted or processed.
You will be notified of the outcome of your scholarship application in due course. Please wait to be contacted in this regard.
The CCLS-MWE-AFJE LLM in Paris scholarship is open to applicants who have an offer of study on the full-time LLM only and is not open to those with an offer on the part-time LLM Programme.
The full scholarship for September 2019 intake is available only to Home/EU students.
If you have applied for funding elsewhere and are successful in receiving such funding you must inform us immediately. In the event that you are awarded funding elsewhere we will withdraw your application. If you are awarded one of our LLM scholarships and are then awarded funding elsewhere the offer of being awarded our LLM scholarship will be withdrawn.
The scholarship will be awarded to those who we deem to have successfully demonstrated their reasoning for being awarded a scholarship based on the following criteria;
- Academic merit
- Professional achievements (if any)
- Financial need
The compulsory personal statement should include all of the above information. Shortlisted candidates will be expected to attend a telephone interview, which are expected to take place towards the end of June.