Arbitration Award Writing
The International Arbitration Award Writing module provides the requisite knowledge of and practice in all the requirement of writing a final, reasoned and enforceable Award in an international commercial dispute. There are two opportunities to take the International Arbitration Award Writing Exam: July or August.
The module provides an excellent opportunity for students to revise questions relating to arbitration awards, their legal regulation and their effect. Students will be sent a reading list as well as a set of reading materials focusing on arbitration awards, their characteristics, functions and drafting.
- 06 May (latest) Distribution of reading lists and materials
- 28 May 10:30 – 16:30 One Day Seminar (attendance optional)
Location: Centre for Commercial Law Studies, Lincoln’s Inn Field
- 15 June First part of award writing exam - released via QMplus at 10am
- 29 June Second part of award writing exam - released via QMplus at 10am
- 30 June Final Awards to be returned for marking via QMplus at 10am
- Assessment will be by a written report (i.e. a Final Arbitral Award)
- Minimum 5000 words.
This is an example timetable. Exact details will be updated when they are announced.
Who Can Apply?
If you are undertaking the Postgraduate Diploma International Dispute Resolution - Arbitration at Queen Mary University of London, this module is compulsory for you.
It is also open to LLM students at Queen Mary University of London as well as external participants.
How to Book
Booking link to be confirmed.
Current Queen Mary Diploma students do not need to book as attendance is included in their programme.
- Standard fee (seminar and exam) - £750
- Queen Mary Students and Alumni (seminar and exam) - £550
- Standard fee (exam only) - £500
- Queen Mary Students and Alumni (exam only) - £300
- Standard fee (seminar only) - £300
- Queen Mary Students and Alumni (seminar only) - £275