SOLM007 Banking Law: International (A21)
The purpose of the course is to examine the nature and content of banking law and regulation at the international, European and UK levels with reference to US law as well. Banking markets are key drivers in any national, regional or global economy with banks carrying out a number of essential services without which no economy could operate. Banking markets are nevertheless unstable and prone to significant crisis and collapse which was confirmed by the severity and damaging impact of the recent financial crises in global, European and national financial markets.
Many difficult problems still arise with regard to the causes of the crises and most appropriate responses going forward. All of the relevant issues that arise in this exciting area are examined in this course.
- Banking and Finance Law LLM
- Commercial and Corporate Law LLM
- Law and Finance MSc/Diploma/Certificate
- International Finance Law Certificate/Diploma
- Law and Economics Diploma/Certificate
- Regulation and Compliance MSc
- Regulation and Compliance LLM
Mode of Assessment
3.15 hour examination