LLM/PG Diploma Year Planner January 2020-21 Full Time
This example year planner outlines the structure and key periods of assessment for January entry one-year LLM programmes.
Please note: information on this page is subject to change.
Enrolment and induction - 18-22 January 2021
- College enrolment will normally take place on 18 January 2021 - Information on enrolment procedures will be sent to you by Academic Registry.
- Induction events will be held over a one week period from Monday 18 - Friday 22 January 2021.
- A draft programme of induction events will be available on a special Induction section of the website later in the summer. At the end of the Induction period you will need to select your modules. The induction programme is designed to assist you with this process. Some induction events may require advance booking so please do check regularly.
Teaching Period B20: 25 January - 9 April 2021 (11 weeks)
- 25 January 2021: Start of your first teaching period. During this period you will be attending lectures and tutorials arranged over 2 blocks of 5 weeks of teaching. We will be offering these in a blended learning experience with online and face-to-face components.
- 1-5 March 2021: Study week
- 8 March - 9 April 2021: Second block of teaching. Modules will use different assessment methods, which will be made clear during the module selection process and is also noted on the module descriptions on this website. So depending on modules selected the assessment dates below may apply.
- 18 March 2021: You will have to submit a provisional title and outline of your dissertation if compulsory (or chosen as an elective), in the area of your LLM programme.
- 12 April - 5 May 2021: Study period. You will want to use this time to consolidate and develop the work you have done in your first teaching period.
- 14 May 2021: Coursework/essays for the first teaching period will be due for submission on this date.
- 6 May- 4 June 2021: Online Examinations for modules in the first teaching period.
Teaching Period C20: 07 June - 09 July 2021 (5 weeks)
- 7 June 2021: Start of second period of teaching. You will be attending applicable modules and working with your allocated supervisor on your dissertation if this forms part of your programme.
- 12 July - 30 July 2021: Study time. You will want to use this time to consolidate and develop the work you have done in your second teaching period.
- 2 - 13 August 2021: This is the late summer resit period for students who need to retake an exam or resubmit a course essay from your first teaching period.
- 23 - 27 August 2021: Provisional Online examinations for modules in the second teaching period.
- 31 August 2021: Coursework/essays for this teaching period will be due on this date.
Teaching Period A21: 27 September - 10 December 2021
- 27 September - 29 October 2021: Start of your third teaching period. You will be attending your applicable modules and continue working with your allocated supervisor on your dissertation (if applicable).
- 1 - 05 November 2021: Study week
- 8 November - 10 December 2021: Second block of teaching.
- 13 December 2021 - 05 January 2022: Study time. You will want to use this time to consolidate and develop the work you have done in your previous teaching period.
- 17 January 2022: You will need to submit your dissertation if compulsory on your programme or if chosen as an elective. Any coursework/essays for this teaching period will also be due.
- 6-21 January 2022: Online Examination period for modules taken in this teaching period. This is also the resit period for students needing to retake an exam or resubmit a course essay from the second teaching period.
- 5 May - 03 June 2022: This is the resit period for students who need to retake an exam or resubmit a course essay for the third teaching period.
- Summer 2022: Graduation ceremonies. Many LLM students return to Queen Mary University of London for a graduation ceremony to celebrate their achievement with family and friends.