LLM/PG Diploma Year Planner January 2021 Accelerated 9 month programme
This example year planner outlines the structure and key periods of assessment for January entry Accelerated LLM programmes.
As this is an accelerated programme, the workload will be greater than the full-time 1 year programme with reduced study breaks and may not be suitable for everyone.
Please note: information on this page is subject to change.
Enrolment and induction - 18 - 22 January 2021
- College enrolment will normally take place on 18th January 2021 - Information on enrolment procedures will be sent to you by Academic Registry.
- Induction events will be held over a one week period from Monday 18 - Friday 22 January 2021.
- A draft programme of induction events will be available on a special Induction section of the website later in the summer. At the end of the Induction period you will need to select your modules. The induction programme is designed to assist you with this process. Some induction events may require advance booking so please do check regularly.
Teaching Period B20: 25 January - 09 April 2021 (11 weeks)
- 25 January 2021: Start of your first teaching period. During this period you will be attending lectures and tutorials arranged over 2 blocks of 5 weeks of teaching. We will be offering these in a blended learning experience with online and face-to-face components.
- 1 - 5 March 2021: Study week
- 8 March - 9 April 2021: Second block of first period teaching. Modules will use different assessment methods, which will be made clear during the module selection process and is also noted on the module descriptions on this website. So depending on modules selected the assessment dates below may apply.
- 18 March 2021 You will have to submit a provisional title and outline of your compulsory dissertation in the area of your LLM programme.
- 12 April - 5 May 2021: Study period. You will want to use this time to consolidate and develop the work you have done in your first teaching period.
- 14 May 2021 Coursework/essays for the first teaching period will be due for submission on this date.
- 6 May- 4 June 2021: Online Examinations for modules in the first teaching period.
Teaching Period C20: 07 June - 09 July 2021 (5 weeks)
- 7 June 2021: Start of second period of teaching. You will be attending applicable modules and working with your allocated supervisor on your dissertation.
- 12 July - 31 August 2021: Study time. You will want to use this time to consolidate and develop the work you have done in your second teaching period, prepare for and take any assessments and continue to work with your supervisor.
- 2 - 13 August 2021: This is the late summer resit period for students who need to retake an exam or resubmit a course essay from your first teaching period.
- 23 - 27 August 2021: Provisional Online Examination period for modules taken in the second teaching period.
- 31 August 2021: Coursework/essays for the second teaching period will be due on this date.
- 17 September 2021: You will need to submit your dissertation.
- 13 December - 17 December: This is the resit period for students who need to retake an exam or resubmit a course essay for the second teaching period.
- December 2021 TBC: Graduation ceremonies. Many LLM students return to Queen Mary University of London for a graduation ceremony to celebrate their achievement with family and friends. Students who have not successfully completed their degree will need to complete any remaining resits/submissions at the next available opportunity and will be outside of the programme period. This will be detailed in full in your Student Handbook