Art, Business and Law September year planner
This example year planner outlines the structure and key periods of assessment for the Art, Business and Law September entry LLM programme.
Please note: information on this page is subject to change.
Enrollment and induction - 11-25 September 2020
- College enrolment will normally take place between 11 - 13 September 2020. Information on enrolment procedures and confirmed dates will be sent to you by Academic Registry.
- Induction events will be held over a two-week period from Monday 14 September until Friday 25 September. At the end of the Induction period you will need to select your modules. Art Business and the Law modules are all compulsory but you can take part in other events and activities.
- A draft programme of induction events will be available on a special Induction section of the website later in the summer. Some events will require advance booking so please do check regularly.
Teaching period A20: 28 September - 11 December 2020 (11 weeks)
- 28 September 2020: Start of your first teaching period. During this period you will be attending lectures and tutorials arranged over 2 blocks of 5 weeks of teaching. We will be offering these in a blended learning experience with online and face-to-face components.
- 2-6 November 2020: Study week
- Late November/early December 2021: you will have to submit a provisional title and outline of your required dissertation, in the area of your LLM programme.
- 9 November - 11 December 2020: Second block of teaching. Modules will use different assessment methods, which will be made clear during the module selection process and is also noted on the module descriptions on this website. So the following assessment dates may apply.
- 14 December 2020 - 6 January 2021: This period includes seasonal holidays and college closure dates. You will likely want to use this time to consolidate and develop the work you have done in your first teaching period.
- 15 January 2021: Coursework/essays for the first teaching period will be due for submission on this date.
- 7-22 January 2021: Online Examinations for modules in the first teaching period.
Teaching Period B20: 25 January - 9 April 2021 (11 weeks)
- 25 January 2021: Start of second period of teaching. You will be attending applicable modules and working with your allocated supervisor on your dissertation if this forms part of your programme.
- 1-5 March 2021: Study week
- 8 March - 9 April 2021: Second block of teaching.
- 12 April - 5 May 2021: Study time. You will want to use this time to consolidate and develop the work you have done in your second teaching period.
- 14 May 2021: Coursework/essays for the second teaching period will be due on this date.
- 6 May- 4 June 2021: Online examinations for modules in the second teaching period.
4 May- 31 August 2021: No regular teaching
- 4 May 2021: Start of third period of study - no regular teaching. Some revision classes and dissertation support seminars will be available. It is important that students remain on campus where possible during this period to continue with their research for the compulsory dissertation and to take advantage of any additional support provided.
- 6 May-4 June 2021: Online Examination period for modules taken in the second teaching period
- Mid-June to Mid -August 2021: Dissertation writing up and completion period.
- 2 -13 August 2021: This is the late summer resit period for students who need to retake an exam or resubmit a failed course essay.
- 31 August 2021: You will need to submit your dissertation. Any coursework/essays for your second teaching period will also be due on this date.
- December 2021: Graduation ceremonies. Many LLM students return to Queen Mary University of London for a graduation ceremony to celebrate their achievement with family and friends.