Academic Year Planner 2020-21
Academic year planner for the:
- Law and Economics LLM
- Law and Finance MSc
- Regulation and Compliance LLM
- Regulation and Compliance MA
Enrolment and Induction - 11-25 September 2020
- College enrolment will normally take place between 11 - 13 September 2020. Information on enrolment procedures and confirmed dates will be sent to you by Academic Registry.
- Induction events will be held over a two-week period from Monday 14 September until Friday 25 September.
- A draft programme of induction events will be available on a special Induction section of the website later in the summer. At the end of the Induction period you will need to select your modules. The induction programme is designed to assist you with this process. Some induction events may require advance booking so please do check regularly.
Teaching period A20: 28 September - 11 December 2020 (11 weeks)
- 28 September 2020 - Start of your first teaching period. During this period you will be attending lectures and tutorials arranged over 2 blocks of 5 weeks of teaching. We will be offering these in a blended learning experience with online and face-to-face components.
- 2 - 6 November 2020 - Study week
- Late November/early December 2020 - You will have to submit a provisional title and outline of your dissertation if compulsory (or chosen as an elective), in the area of your programme.
- 9 November - 11 December 2020 - Second block of teaching. Modules will use different assessment methods, which will be made clear during the module selection process and is also noted on the module descriptions on this website. So depending on modules selected the assessment dates below may apply.
- 14 December - 06 January 2021 - This period includes seasonal holidays and college closure dates. You will likely want to use this time to consolidate and develop the work you have done in your first teaching period.
- 15 January 2021 - Coursework/essays for the first teaching period will be due for submission on this date.
- 7 - 22 January 2021 - Online Examinations for modules in the first teaching period.
Teaching Period B20 : 25 January - 9 April 2021 (11 weeks)
- 25 January 2021 - Start of second period of teaching. You will be attending applicable modules and working with your allocated supervisor on your dissertation if this forms part of your programme.
- 1-5 March 2021 - Study week
- 8 March-9 April 2021 - Second block of teaching.
- 12 April - 5 May 2021 - Study time. You will want to use this time to consolidate and develop the work you have done in your second teaching period.
- 14 May 2021 - Coursework/essays for this teaching period will be due on this date.
- 6 May- 4 June 2021 - Online examinations for modules in the second teaching period.
Teaching period C20 : 7 June - 9 July 2021 (5 weeks)
- 7 June 2021 - Start of your third teaching period. You will be attending your applicable modules and continue working with your allocated supervisor on your dissertation (if applicable).
- 12 July - 30 August 2021 - Dissertation writing up and completion period.
- 2 - 13 August 2021 - This is the late summer resit period for students who need to retake an exam or resubmit a course essay from the first and second teaching period.
- 23 - 27 August 2021 - Provisional Online examinations for modules in the third teaching period.
- 31 August 2021 - You will need to submit your dissertation if compulsory on your programme or if chosen as an elective. Any coursework/essays due for the third period will also be due on this date.
- 13-17 December - This is the resit period for students who need to retake an exam or resubmit a course essay from the third teaching period.
- December 2021 TBC - Graduation ceremonies. Many students return to Queen Mary University of London for a graduation ceremony to celebrate their achievement with family and friends. Students who have not successfully completed their degree will need to complete any remaining resits/submissions at the next available date. This will be detailed in full in your Student Handbook.