Dr Bob Ferguson, LLB and PhD
Dr Bob Ferguson is a Visiting Professor of Law at Queen Mary University of London, teaching on the Law of Economic Crime course. He is a Head of Department at the Financial Conduct Authority, focusing on Fintech and Innovation. Previous roles include Head of Financial Crime and intelligence at the Financial Services Authority, and chairing the Anti-Money Laundering Committee of the Joint Committee of the European Supervisory Authorities. Before becoming a regulator, Bob lectured in law at the Universities of Cardiff and Dundee
- Regulation and financial crime
- Corporate and individual accountability in the financial sector
- The personal accountability of bankers” Law and Financial Markets Review 9 (2015), 40-49
- Sanctions, incentives, and better behaved banks” in O’Brien & Gilligan eds., Integrity, Risk and Accountability in Capital Markets (Hart Publishing, 2013), 91-110
- Investor Protection [with A.C. Page] (Weidenfeld & Nicolson, 1992)
In his role at the Financial Conduct Authority Bob Ferguson engages with many representatives of the fintech ecosystem, UK and Scottish government agencies, and international standard-setters such as the Financial Stability Board.