The School of Economics and Finance is pleased to offer up to 60 scholarships to outstanding applicants. The scholarship value is £5,000 (slightly more for MSc Economics students) and is open to all postgraduate taught courses in the School.
Find out more about joint scholarships, prizes and other funding opportunities offered by the School.
Scholarships will be awarded on purely on the basis of demonstrated potential for academic excellence on the programme applied. The potential for excellence will be judged to be demonstrated if the application:
- Shows that it exceeds our minimum entry requirements by a significant margin and/or otherwise outperforms applicants competing for the scholarships under consideration
- Shows excellent performance on specific modules considered relevant and valuable preparation for the programme applied to, e.g. on quantitative and economics/finance modules
As well as the quality of your undergraduate transcript, we take into account additional information outlined below:
- Preference is given to applications for MSc Economics, MSc Finance, MSc Investment and Finance, MSc Investment Banking , MSc Finance and Econometrics, MSc Behavioural Finance
- Weight will be given to applicants who are attending or graduated from a top 100 university according to Shanghai Ranking, Top Universities, The Guardian, and Times Higher Education
- In order to maintain the diversity of our student intakes, students studying in the following countries will be given preference: Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey, USA, and Vietnam.
How to apply
Eligible applicants will be contacted by the school once an offer has been made.
Please note, applicants will be required to return the completed scholarship form within a month of receiving it from the School of Economics and Finance. Additionally, due to the high volume of qualified applicants, there may be a delay in application turnaround time and we encourage you to apply early.
Contact for additional information
+44 (0)20 7882 8848