Recognition of Lebanese qualifications for Undergraduate Foundation Courses (1 year)
The following Lebanese qualifications will be considered for entry onto a Queen Mary Bachelor’s degree:
- Lebanese Baccalaureate/ Baccalauréat Général/Shahaadat Al-Bakaalouriya al Lubnaaniya l'il-ta 'liim al-Thaanawi with an overall average grade of at least 14/20 or 80%. For some undergraduate programmes you may be expected to have studied a specific stream.
For information on applying to study for a foundation course at Queen Mary, please refer to English language and foundation courses.
Recognition of Lebanese qualifications for Undergraduate Entry
The following qualifications will be considered for entry onto a Queen Mary Bachelor's degree:
- Queen Mary or other UK Foundation course (grade B)
- 3 A levels (grades A-C)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
Please refer to the prospectus and department web sites for individual subject A’ level and IB requirements.
For details on the University of London External Diploma/Degree transfers, please click here.
For information on applying to study for an undergraduate course at Queen Mary, please refer to Undergraduate study.
Recognition of Lebanese qualifications for Graduate Entry
Master's degrees (all one year)
- Bachelor’s degree/Licence/Diplôme as long as of at least 4 years in duration
- Diplôme d'Etudes Supérieures (Diploma of Higher Studies)
- Exact requirements will depend on the course you are applying for and the level you have studied at but you will be usually expected to have an overall final grade of at least 13/20 or 80%/B or a GPA of 3.0
Please note that all applications are considered on an individual basis and students may be admitted to Master's programmes with a lower level degree if they have work experience relevant to the degree applied for.
Please see the English Language Requirements for full details.
Research degree (MPhil/PhD: 3 years)
- The usual entrance requirement for a research degree is a Master's degree from a UK university or the American University of Beirut or the Diplôme d'Etudes Approfondies (Diploma of Advanced Studies) from a recognised institution in Lebanon
- Please see the English Language Requirements for full details.
- Students who achieve slightly below these requirements may be admitted onto a presessional English course at Queen Mary. Please see the Entry Level Guidelines for English Language for full details.
For information on applying to study for a postgraduate programme at Queen Mary, please refer to postgraduate study.
Student profiles and Alumni ambassadors
Scholarships and Funding
Queen Mary offers various scholarships to encourage excellent students to study with us. Please see our International Scholarships page for more information.
Students maybe eligible for the following scholarship:
In country representatives
Educational Representatives in our regional office in Lebanon provides support to the ever increasing number of applicants from to Queen Mary, University of London. The regional office in Lebanon has been very active in guiding and advising applicants in various capacities as well as maintaining the high standard of the entry requirements. Now applicants can get easy access to all required information in person from our representatives in their own country.
Global Study UK - Beirut Office
Thomas Edisson Street
Ramlet El Baida
Global Study UK - Hamra Office
Global Study UK - Jbeil Office
Centre Byblos 2412
Mar Gerges Street, facing Ksar Restaurant
Tel: +961 (0)9 542 806
Visits to your country
Joanne Waller is the International Officer for the Middle East and North Africa and is happy to help you with any questions you may have about the university.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7882 6520
Facebook: Joanne Waller QMUL