Recognition of Georgian qualifications for Foundation courses
Applicants who have successfully completed their Secondary School Leaving Certificate (Atestat)will be considered for entry onto a Queen Mary International Foundation Programmes. Although our offer will vary from board to board, we will expect to see a minimum average score of 8/10.
Recognition of Georgian qualifications for undergraduate entry
We are pleased to consider students who have completed a foundation course or at least 1 year of an approved Bakalavris Khariskhi/Diplomirebuli Specialistis Diploma. Although our offer will vary from board to board, we will expect to see a minimum score of8 or above on a 12 grade scale in the Bakalavris Khariskhi/Diplomirebuli Specialistis Diploma.
- UK Foundation or
- 1 year of an approved Bakalavris Khariskhi/Diplomirebuli Specialistis Diploma to a minimum average of 4/5.
- Three A-levels (A2)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
Please see prospectus and department web sites for individual subject A level and IB requirements.
English Language Requirements
- Please refer to English Language for different course requirements.
- Students who achieve slightly below these requirements may be admitted onto a presessional English course at Queen Mary. Please see the Entry Level Guidelines for English Language for full details.
For details on the University of London External Diploma/Degree transfers, please click here for details.
Recognition of Georgian qualifications for graduate entry
Masters degrees (all one year)
- Academic: Holders of the Bakalavris Khariskhi/Diplomirebuli Specialistiswill be considered for postgraduate Masters degree courses.
- For English language requirements, please refer to: English Language
Research Degree (MPhil/PhD, 3 years)
The usual entrance requirement for a research degree is a master's degree from a UK or Magistris Khariskhi grade 4/5. from a recognised higher education institution.
For English language requirements, please refer to: English Language
The British Council provides comprehensive advice on many aspects of study in Britain. Visit www.britishcouncil.org
British Council 34 Rustaveli Avenue
Tbilisi, Georgia 0108
Telephone +(995 32) 25 04 07/+(995 32) 98 80 14
Fax +(995 32) 98 95 91