5 Minute Student Interview - Paulo from Ecuador
4 November 2015
Name: Paulo Esteban Chiliguano Torres
Course: MSc Sound and Music Computing
Academic Year: 2014-2015
Home Country: Ecuador
- Why did you choose QMUL?
I chose QMUL for its unique programme in Sound and Music Computing within the UK, and for its world leading research centre for music technology.
- What have you most enjoyed about your course?
The programme allowed me to do valuable networking with professionals and researchers during the modules and conferences I attended.
- What is your favourite thing about studying in the UK?
London is a fascinating city, particularly for the several music industry events that brought me the opportunity to extend my knowledge.
- Where do you hope to see yourself in 5 years’ time?
I would like to have my own established business related to music information retrieval and software development.
- Do you have any advice for incoming students from your country?
My advice is not to miss the opportunity to improve English language skills.
- Sum up your time at Queen Mary’s in one word
Interview by Dolly Garland, MA English Literature student at Queen Mary University of London.