Global Opportunities

Accommodation & Student Life


You can apply for accommodation at your host institution.

You will be responsible for all your housing costs, as well as your travel costs to your host institution. See the Finance page for more details.

All of our partner universities will help you to find accommodation, either on campus or locally.

Every partner university is different, so we recommend that you discuss your accommodation options with the International Exchange Programme Manager and ask to be introduced to students who have returned from your host university, so you can discuss your options with them.

Your host university’s social media can also be a useful point of information.

Queen Mary Student Share Notice-board

You can also rent out your room while you are abroad. You can advertise this on Queen Mary's Student Share Notice Board. The Notice-board is designed to put our students in touch with other Queen Mary students who are looking for accommodation.