Skip to main content
Global Opportunities

European Exchange Programmes

Your health and safety is our priority, and it's important for you to be aware of your access rights and what support is available to you when it comes to your health when studying abroad with us at Queen Mary.

We are delighted that you are considering joining Queen Mary as part of your Erasmus+ or Swiss European Mobility Programme exchange. 

Every year, many students from our European partner universities come to spend a semester or a year studying with us – and we want every one of you to feel very much at home here. Even though the UK is now no longer an EU member state, Queen Mary is still able to receive students from partner institutions through Erasmus+ or SEMP exchange agreements until 2021/2022 or outside of these through individually arranged exchanges.

Explore Queen Mary

Watch our Study Abroad Video to find out what studying abroad at Queen Mary and living in east London is really like! Explore campus and the East End with our students.

Find out if your university has an exchange agreement with Queen Mary (link to our outgoing student pages)

What you need to know to apply

Discover London and Queen Mary

Find out more from our students

Want to find out more about studying abroad at Queen Mary?

Sign up to receive further information on the programmes and updates

Are you a current or prospective Queen Mary student who wants to know more about studying on the Erasmus+ programme? If so, please visit our outgoing pages for students who want to study abroad.


Erasmus logo with European flag

This project has been funded with support from the European Commission (EC). The content of these web pages is the sole responsibility of Queen Mary University of London. The EC cannot be held responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained in these pages.


As a Study Abroad student, it can sometimes feel challenging to navigate new systems, but when it comes to your health and safety, it's important to be aware of the following when on our Study Abroad programme:

Health and Safety on and around campus 

Access to healthcare in the UK is primarily through the National Health Service (NHS). For detailed information regarding how you can access healthcare when in the UK, as a Study Abroad student, please review our Student Health webpage.

This page provides guidance on how to access a doctor (what we refer to as a 'General Practitioner', or 'GP', in the UK) as well as other healthcare services such as pharmacies, our NHS walk-in centres and the NHS 111 non-emergency line.

It also covers what to do in a medical emergency, if you are taking regular medication, how to access private healthcare or therapy, and provides specific guidance to both EU, EEA or Swiss nationals, and non-EEA nationals. 

Concerning your safety on campus, please make sure to review our campus checklist for new students. 

Covid-19 safety

For advice and updates about Covid-19, please review our dedicated Coronavirus web pages.

Your Wellbeing

Your wellbeing, both emotional and physical, are so important, and must be taken care of when studying abroad. If you ever need or want to talk to any of the team about something that is affecting you, please contact us and we will be more than happy to arrange to meet with you.

For guidance on how best to take care of your emotional wellbeing on campus, please review our Advice and Counselling Service

Your Student Union is also here to ensure both your mental and physical wellbeing are taken care of whilst studying abroad with us in London! Make sure to get involved with the various clubs and societies available for you to join, and take a look at their wellbeing resources online.