Skip to main content
Global Opportunities


Living in London as a student allows you to experience life in one of the world’s greatest cities in an affordable way. One of your main living costs will be accommodation. 

On-campus accommodation

As an Erasmus+ ICM student, you are eligible* to apply for accommodation on Queen Mary’s Mile End campus in our comfortable, modern, self-catered flats.

Our Mile End Halls of Residence are all within a maximum five-minute walk of each other. Visiting your friends is easy and our 24-hour Security team and Residences Support teams are on hand if you have any queries. 

*You are eligible to apply but must apply by the Residences application deadline in order to be considered for a place. Please see the Residences website for full details of the application procedures and deadlines. You will be invited to apply for University accommodation after you firmly accept your offer to study. 

How to apply

What to expect

All of the rooms in our flats are single occupancy and the majority have en-suite (private) bathroom facilities. Typically, rooms are grouped in flats for between four and six students with shared kitchen facilities. All of our rooms are carpeted, equipped with a single bed, wardrobe, bookshelves, desk, chair and storage space. Many rooms contain their own mini-fridge. Kitchens are fully equipped with refrigerators, freezers, cookers, storage cupboards, food preparation areas and dining areas.

Our Erasmus+ ICM programme gives you a fully immersive experience: you will be placed in flats with UK and fellow international students, of both genders, so you can meet a range of people with varied viewpoints and experiences.

If you have any special requirements, please contact the Residences team ( so that we can accommodate them.

Postgraduate students

If you are a postgraduate research student on the Erasmus+ ICM programme and come to Queen Mary during our semester times, you can also apply for campus accommodation. Students coming between June and September might also be able to get on-campus housing. Please note, however, that accommodation on campus is not guaranteed. You should contact us at if you want to apply for campus accommodation so that we can advise you.

If you join us outside these times (eg between November and March), you will have to look for alternative accommodation (please see above).

Further information

For more information and current prices, please visit the Residences website or contact residences@Queen

Alternative accommodation

Our Residential Services and Support (RSS) Team can provide specialist advice on a range of alternative accommodation options to help you find affordable housing in London. This can mean that you either rent private accommodation (local room or flat), live in a privately built hall of residence/student hall or have a homestay (living with a UK family) or other short-stay option.

You can arrange either a one-to-one or a group meeting with the RSS Team to help you find suitable alternative accommodation for your stay with us at Queen Mary. The team can offer you advice on finding private accommodation, an online property search, a student search noticeboard and contract reading service.

Queen Mary Student Room Share

Some of our Queen Mary home students rent out their room while they are on their semester/year abroad. As an Erasmus+ student, you can register online to view these rentals on the Student Share Notice Board.

Further information

Living costs

For information on living costs, please visit our Advice and Counselling Service’s page ‘Planning a budget and managing your money’.

Pre-paid meal plans

You can make substantial savings on the cost of eating on campus by buying the Curve restaurant’s pre-paid meal vouchers. There are four packages, covering different breakfast and main meal options. 


Erasmus logo with European flag

This project has been funded with support from the European Commission (EC). The content of these web pages is the sole responsibility of Queen Mary University of London. The EC cannot be held responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained in these pages.