Information for students from Iraq
Queen Mary University of London has a long history of welcoming students from around the world. Over the years, many thousands of international students have graduated from the university and gone on to pursue successful careers. Today, we are home to students from more than 162 different countries and over 45% of our student body come from outside of the UK. This diversity contributes to a lively and welcoming community which should make you feel comfortable and at home.
We are one of the largest colleges of the University of London and one of the few with fully integrated teaching, research and residential facilities. Our setting provides our students with the benefits of both a large campus environment, and the countless academic and social opportunities provided by London.
There are currently 24 students from Iraq studying at Queen Mary who are enrolled on a range of degree programmes at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Queen Mary accepts students holding the Adadiyah (Certificate of Preparatory Education / Sixth Form Baccalauréat) with an overall grade of 80% for Foundation Course entry.
- Please refer to the prospectus and department web sites for individual subject A-level and IB requirements.
- Please refer to English language requirements for different course requirements.
- Students who achieve slightly below these requirements may be admitted onto a pre-sessional English course at Queen Mary. Please see the Language Centre programmes for full details.
Find out more about University of London External Diploma/Degree transfers and about entry requirements for the five year Medicine degree (A100 MB BS).
For information on applying to study for an undergraduate course at Queen Mary, please refer to Undergraduate study.
Information on the comparability of international qualifications can be found on the Entry Requirements section under the listings for each programme in the course finder. Please note this information is only intended as a guide as the final decision on equivalency of overseas qualifications will be made by the Admissions Office at Queen Mary.
English language requirements
- Please refer to English language and foundation courses for different course requirements.
- Students who achieve slightly below these requirements may be admitted onto a presessional English course at Queen Mary. Please see the English Language Requirements for full details.
For further information, please refer to:
Student profiles and Alumni ambassadors
Scholarships and Funding
Queen Mary offers various scholarships to encourage excellent students to study with us. Please see our International Scholarships page for more information.
In country representatives
Visits to your country
Visits to Iraq can be found under Overseas events
Joanne Waller is the Regional Manager for Iraq and is happy to help any of our prospective Iraqi students with any questions they might have about the university.
Tel +44 (0)20 7882 6520
Please let me know if you need any other information.