Faculty Research Centres
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences supports 16 inter-disciplinary research centres which connect research activity across the nine academic units.
- Centre for Anglo-German Cultural Relations
- Centre for Early Modern Mapping, News and Networks
- Centre for Eighteenth Century Studies
- Centre for European Research
- Centre for the History of Emotions
- Centre for Labour and Global Production
- Centre for the Mind in Society
- Centre for Poetry
- Centre for Renaissance and Early Modern Studies
- Centre for Studies of Home
- Centre for the Study of Childhood Cultures
- Centre for the Study of the History of Political Thought
- Centre for the Study of Migration
- Queen Mary Centre for Religion and Literature in English
- The City Centre
- Centre for Global Shakespeare
In addition, the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences supports a wider array of inter-disciplinary activity through:
- Mile End Institute a public policy, politics and governance institute based at QMUL.
- Peoples’ Palace Projects a registered charity directed by Paul Heritage and based in QMUL's Drama Department, which researches the role of arts practice and cultural policy in supporting people to transform their worlds in contexts of risk, violence and crisis.
- Digital Initiatives Network a support network for those working on digital technologies in research and the digital humanities.