New Student Information
Welcome to English at Queen Mary University of London
Here's 5 essential tips to help you start thinking about starting your English or joint English course with us.
1. Emails are Everything
We will send information to your personal email registered with us via UCAS or MYSIS (our student information system) until you have a QMUL email.
- Your QMUL ITS account to access our systems including email, QMPlus our online learning environment and other important systems.
- Details about your accommodation if you are living on halls.
- Important updates about the campus, COVID-19 regulations and your study.
2. Enrolment is Essential
Enrolment is the process of becoming a fully registered student at QMUL. For September 2020, all enrolments will take place online and students will be enrolled in absentia. You should be able to collect your student card however on campus. Details will be confirmed about this.
3. Welcome Week and Week 1 Timetable - Come to everything!
- Welcome Week starts on Monday 14 September 2020. We will announce a full programme for the School of English and Drama very soon.
- Week 1 starts on Monday 21 September 2020 and will be when your main semester 1 timetable begins. Your timetable should be released from 1 September. You can access this via the QMUL app or online here.
4. Get Support in the School of English and Drama
- General admin support for SED students can be accessed via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Emotional and Practical Support: Your personal tutor or email@example.com
English Specific Support
- English Director of Student Support: Alfred Hiatt: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Be Ready for Online Learning
- Prepare a quiet place to work at home or find an external one. Contact us via the details above if you need help doing this.
- Check your internet and computer are ready. We recommend using a laptop rather than tablet if you can. Use student discounts etc. to get a suitable device if possible and apply to the Financial Assistance Fund if you need financial support.
- When you have access to QMUL systems download Office 365 for free