Skip to main content
School of History


If you're feeling a bit confused, try looking at the QMPlus Student Handbook to find the answers to your queries. Simply log in with your QM credentials and type in your question in the search bar.

If you can't find the information you need, try looking at our frequently asked questions below or contact us.

How do I apply to study at QMUL School of History?

Find out how to join us by visiting this page.


I want to change a module, what do I need to do?

You will be able to change modules in the first three weeks of semester. Learn about the module change process here.


My timetable has been updated but some of my modules are still missing, what do I do?

Get in touch with the relevant School as soon as possible because this probably means you have a timetable clash.


How can I request to change a seminar group?

Unfortunately we cannot process seminar change requests unless you have a timetable clash or have accessibility requirements. Please email us on if you need to change a seminar group.


I can't access a module area on QMPlus even though I am enrolled on the module, what do I do?

Try accessing the module area by typing in the module code or module name on the QMPlus search bar whilst you are logged in. If you still cannot access the module area you need, contact us.


I don't understand what my grade means


You may notice there is a difference in grading in the UK compared to your home institution. UK undergraduate degrees are classified into the following categories:

First-class Honours (70% and higher)
Second-class Honours ( 50% -70%)
Third-class Honours (40% – 50%)
Ordinary/Unclassified (39% and lower)


I need to speak to someone, who can I go to?

We understand that studying away from home, although exciting, can be overwhelming. Your associate tutor serves as your advisor while you study with us so do not hesitate to get in touch with them. Alternatively, you can always come to the School of History Office and speak to someone at the desk.

I can't find an answer to my question and I need an answer urgently!

Come and see us! If you email us, we will try to get back to you within 5 working days but if you need an answer urgently, either come and see your associate tutor during their drop in hours or come to the History office (Arts Two Building, top Floor).

Who do I speak to about my mental and/or physical health?

If you suffer from any conditions which may affect your health and wellbeing please speak to your Associate Tutor who will be able to help. We have a team of qualified Mental Health First Aiders on campus who will be able to assist you.


What is the Student Health Service?

QMUL have a free Student Health Service available on campus (Geography Building). You should register for this as soon as possible in order to use in an emergency.


I have an emergency and need help

QMUL have 24 hour trained security staff to help provide a safe and welcoming environment to all students. For immediate assistance, call 0207 882 3333. In less urgent situations, call or visit the security control room (France House, Student Village) on 0207 882 5000.

If you have a medical emergency and it is out of hours, contact the Student Health Service if you are registered on 0203 777 7151. You can also contact NHS 111 for free advice or 999 in an emergency.