1930s art-deco at its finest
The People's Palace at Queen Mary, University of London is home to the unique art-deco venue - The Great Hall. Located in the heart of east London and originally opened in the 1930s, the Great Hall has seen the likes of Damon Albarn, Fleetwood Mac, Iron Maiden and the Rolling Stones grace its stage, which is one of the largest in London.
- Theatre performances
- Filming / screenings and premieres
- Academic events / examinations
- Photo shoots
Venue hire charge:
The hire charge for the Great Hall varies depending on your event type.
We offer both a commercial and reduced charitable discount rate, prices will be confirmed upon application so please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can prepare a bespoke quotation for your event.
Great Hall features:
- 778 seating capacity
- Retractable 'bleacher' style seating on ground level
- Ventilation System
- Fully dimmable house lighting system
- On campus parking (100 spaces)
- Dressing rooms
- Production Office available on request
The People’s Palace:
- Split mezzanine level foyer space with flexible seating and break-out spaces
- Bar/Café (the Foyer)
- Registration desk at main entrance
- Additional audience break-out space throughout the building ranging from 20-250 capacity
- The Great Hall and People's Palace is DDA compliant
In addition to the main auditorium, we also have a selection of venues and facilities that can be used as breakout space in support of your main event in the Great Hall. To find out more, please visit our contact us or to discuss your requirements.