If you’ve recently graduated and need help working out your next steps - whether it be help with writing your CV or finding a graduate job - the Careers and Enterprise team are here for you.
We are delighted to continue to support you as graduate for 2 years after graduation. We know that the job market might feel daunting at the moment and so we are committed to giving you all the support you need. You can access the following services Monday – Friday throughout the year:
- Confidential one-to-one careers appointments. These are for those who have no idea what to do next as well as those wanting help getting into a desired career. Whatever stage you are at we’d love to talk to you.
- Application appointments for those wanting feedback on a job or further study application.
- Jobs board with a vast range of graduate roles available.
- Careers workshops bespoke for your academic school, covering the basics of networking, CVs, work experience, applications and more.
- Employer-led events and fairs covering a range of industries.
- Enterprise support through events, workshops and one-to-ones, as well as seed funding and the flagship incubator and accelerator programmes.
If you want support with getting through the recruitment process we have various online tools still available to you after graduation:
- Expert online course about how to perform well at interviews (and case interviews). We strongly recommended you undertake this before you go to interview.
- Online video practice interview.
- QM CV Builder: feedback on your CV within 30 seconds through this online tool, an essential element of making sure your application stands out to employers.
If you have secured work and want to come back and talk to students about your experience in the workplace, mentor them or write about your career experience then we would love to hear from you. Take a look at our Tell your stories page to find out how you can do this.
We wish you all the best for your next step,
Your Queen Mary Careers and Enterprise Team
Have you heard about the Graduate Outcomes Survey?
In 15 months time, you will be invited to take part in an important national survey that will help current and future students make decisions about their career paths. For more information, visit www.graduateoutcomes.ac.uk.