Skip to main content
School of Geography



The School of Geography’s Undergraduate Information Zone (QMPlus log-in needed) contains key information on studying in the School, including information about module delivery, assessment, student support, and wellbeing services.

If you can't find the information you need, try looking at our frequently asked questions below or contact us.

How do I apply to study at QMUL School of Geography?

Find out how to join us by visiting this page

I need to provide a module syllabus to my home university. Who should I contact? 

Each module in our module directory has a named member of staff who acts as the convenor of the module. Get in contact with that academic staff member via email and they will be able to provide the information that you need in an acceptable format for your home university. Your Associate Tutor can also request this information for you if needed.

I want to change a module, what do I need to do?

You will be able to change modules in the first three weeks of semester. If you would like to change your choice of modules during your time with us this can be done through our online system "MYSIS.” Once you have made the request, the School of Geography will then approve or reject your change based on the availability of the module.

My timetable has been updated but some of my modules are still missing, what do I do?

Get in touch with the relevant School as soon as possible because this probably means you have a timetable clash. If it is a module in the School of Geography (with a GEG module code), contact our undergraduate support team for more information -

How can I request to change a seminar group?

Unfortunately, we cannot process seminar change requests unless you have a timetable clash or have accessibility requirements. Please contact the School of Geography undergraduate support team if you need to change a seminar group -

I can't access a module area on QMPlus even though I am enrolled on the module, what do I do?

Try accessing the module area by typing in the module code or module name on the QMPlus search bar whilst you are logged in. If you still cannot access the module area you need, contact the School of Geography e-learning support team -

I don't understand what my grade means

You may notice there is a difference in grading in the UK compared to your home institution. UK undergraduate degrees are classified into the following categories:

First-class Honours (70.0% and higher)
Second-class Honours (50.0% -69.9%)
Third-class Honours (40.0% – 49.9%)
Ordinary/Unclassified (39.9% and lower)

I need to speak to someone, who can I go to?

We understand that studying away from home, although exciting, can be overwhelming. Your associate tutor serves as your advisor while you study with us so do not hesitate to get in touch with them. Alternatively, you can always come to the School of Geography reception during opening hours and speak to someone at the desk.

I can't find an answer to my question, and I need an answer urgently!

Come and see us! If you email us, we will try to get back to you within 5 working days but if you need an answer urgently, either come and see your associate tutor during their drop-in office hours or come to the School of Geography reception (Geography building, first floor).

Who do I speak to about my mental and/or physical health?

If you suffer from any conditions which may affect your health and wellbeing, please speak to your Associate Tutor who will be able to help. The QMUL Advice & Counselling Service offer confidential, specialist mental health and wellbeing support to students. We also have a team of qualified Mental Health First Aiders on campus who will be able to assist you.

What is the Student Health Service?

QMUL have a free Student Health Service available on campus (Geography Building). You should register for this as soon as possible in order to use in an emergency.

I have an emergency and need help

QMUL have 24 hour trained security staff to help provide a safe and welcoming environment to all students. For immediate assistance, call 0207 882 3333. In less urgent situations, call or visit the security control room (France House, Student Village) on 0207 882 5000.

If you have a medical emergency and it is out of hours, contact the Student Health Service if you are registered on 0203 777 7151. You can also contact NHS 111 for free advice or 999 in an emergency.








Back to top