Laboratory and Facilities Manager
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: +44 (0)20 7882 2715Room Number: Bancroft Building, Room 2.22.15
Michelle has more than 20 years of experience in field and laboratory operations for climate change and forest ecosystem science research and outreach. She has successfully led or assisted several field campaigns involving meteorological and ecological field sites throughout the United States, Canada and Central America to Antarctica. Before moving to Queen Mary, she worked at University of New Hampshire and American Meteorological Society in the United States.
Michelle is responsible for the management of the School of Geography laboratories and facalities, providing the academic staff with a support service in both teaching and research. She teaches and supports field based undergraduate courses and advises both undergraduate and postgraduate students on laboratory and field practices.
- Wicklein, H.F., S.V. Ollinger, M.E. Martin, D.Y. Hollinger, L.C. Lepine, M.C. Day, M.K. Bartlett, A.D. Richardson, R.J. Norby. 2012. Variation in foliar nitrogen and albedo in response to nitrogen fertilization and elevated CO2. Oecologia, doi 10.1007/s00442-012-2263-6.
- Hilker, T., L. Lepine, N.C. Coops, R.S. Jassal, T.A. Black, M.A. Wulder, S.V. Ollinger, O. Tsui, M. Day. 2012. Assessing the impact of N-fertilization on biochemical composition and biomass of a Douglas-fir canopy—A remote sensing approach. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 153: 124–133. doi:10.1016/j.agrformet.2011.03.014.
- Ollinger, S.V., A.D. Richardson, M.E. Martin, D.Y. Hollinger, S.E. Frolking, P.B. Reich, L.C. Plourde, G.G. Katul, J.W. Munger, R. Oren, M.-L. Smith, K.T. Paw U, P.V. Bolstad, B.D. Cook, M.C. Day, T.A. Martin, R.K. Monson, H.P. Schmid. 2008. Canopy nitrogen, carbon assimilation, and albedo in temperate and boreal forests: Functional relations and potential climate feedbacks. PNAS, 105(49), 19335-19340.
- M.K. Rama Varma Raja, James G. Yoe, R. Michael Hardesty, W. Allen Brewer, Berrien Moore, James Ryan, Paul Hays, Carl Nardell, Bruce Gentry, Michelle Day, and Kenneth Rancourt. Intercomparison of Doppler Wind Lidar Velocity Measurements Optical Remote Sensing Quebéc City Canada, 3 February 2003 ISBN: 1-55752-740-7
- James G. Yoe, M. K. Rama Varma Raja, R. Michael Hardesty, Alan Brewer, Berrien Moore, James Ryan, Paul Hays, Carl Nardell, Bruce Gentry, Michelle Day, Kenneth Rancourt. GroundWinds 2000 field campaign: demonstration of new Doppler lidar technology and wind lidar data intercomparison. SPIE Third International Asia-Pacific Environmental Remote Sensing Conference, Hangzhou, China, Oct 23-27, 2002.